Do you suspect that you are suffering emotional abuse from someone who has narcissistic personality disorder? Here are twenty of the most common behaviors you may be experiencing:
- Does he rage when his opinion, point of view, or idea is challenged, even slightly?
- Is she emotionally abusive most of the time, but occasionally demonstrates acts of kindness?
- Does he criticize your opinions, choices, appearance, and just about everything that defines you as an individual?
- Does she treat you more like an object than a person?
- Have you caught him in obvious lies or half-truths and confronted him about them, only to have him explain them away every single time?
- Is she abusive to you behind closed doors and perfectly charming when with others?
- Does he make you feel insecure, unattractive, stupid, and/or worthless?
- Does she tell you she loves you, but her actions and behavior show otherwise?
- Do you feel manipulated, coerced, and/or controlled by him?
- Does your abuser suck you back in every time you threaten to or try to leave the relationship?
- Does she make promises to you that she never keeps?
- Does he exhibit strange behaviors that cannot be explained?
- Is she nicer to you when you pull back your emotions from her?
- Does he accuse you of living in the past and/or being unable to let things go?
- Do you feel as if you give 100% of yourself to the relationship and she gives none?
- Does he provoke you or goad you into arguments that cause you to react strongly, and then accuse you of being the crazy, dramatic, unreasonable one?
- Does she exploit your vulnerabilities, sensitivities, inadequacies, disabilities, and/or weaknesses?
- Does he try to convince you that what you heard you didn’t hear, what you saw you didn’t see, what you witnessed happening didn’t happen?
- Does she blame you for all the problems in the relationship?
- Does he never offer a true apology for anything he has done to hurt or upset you?
Randi Fine, Narcissistic Abuse Expert, Counselor Worldwide, Author
Randi Fine is a dedicated pioneer in the narcissistic abuse movement and a narcissistic personality disorder abuse expert. She is a radio show host, author, and Life Issues Counselor living in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Through her wealth of experience, insight, and wisdom, she offers hope, compassion, and healing to others. Randi is the author of the groundbreaking new book, Close Encounters of the Worst Kind: The Narcissistic Abuse Survivors Guide to Healing and Recovery.As a Life Issues Counselor, Randi specializes in (but is not limited to) helping others work through issues relating to relationship codependency, narcissistic personality disorder abuse, emotional boundaries, letting go of the past, and letting go of unhealthy guilt. Love Your Life is an online journal she writes to spread light, love, and healing to the world. Her blog is read in 180 countries around the globe. She hosts the blog talk-radio show, A Fine Time for Healing: A Sanctuary for Your Emotional Wellbeing. On her popular show she interviews the top people in their fields, discussing self-help and spiritual life-skill topics that heal and enhance the life experiences of others.
Want to know more? 100+ Articles on this site about Narcissistic Personality Disorder Abuse. Find them in the search box on the right side of this page.